EDP Aftercare Guide
PPF Aftercare instructions
Congratulations, your pride and joy is now protected with EDP Paint Protection Film! It is important to look after your PPF properly for it to look after your vehicle to the best of its ability.
The general upkeep of the PPF is quite simple and straight forward but it is important to follow the procedure.
Washing and Drying
- From the initial installation date, it is important to wait seven days before washing the vehicle.
- When the vehicle is ready for its wash, it is important to follow the two bucket method where possible and its imperative to only use pH neutral shampoos/chemicals on the film.
- We would recommend the use of lambswool or deep pile soft wash mitts when washing the vehicle.
- A pressure washer can also be used whilst washing the vehicle but it is important to stand to have at least 100cm distance between the land end and body panel.
- When drying we recommend using soft microfibre drying towels. If using an air drying it is important to use one with a while hose end like the Metro-Vac rather than an overly powerful Air compressor with a sharp focussed tip.
- If your vehicle receives the unwanted attention of bird excrement then it is important to remove this as a matter of urgency. The strong pH levels of the excrement are harmful to the film so you should wash this off as soon as possible with warm water and cloth/mitt.
- We DO NOT recommend going to a cheap local car wash whether it is mechanic or hand because most commonly these establishments use acidic/high alkaline chemicals which will damage the PPF. These car washes frequently use overly powerful pressure washers too which will damage the PPF and cause lifting.
Polishing and Waxing
- The polishing of the PPF is not recommend and neither is any other abrasive substance. This will have an impact on the self-healing properties of the film and can also cause premature discolouring of the film.
- Waxing the PPF is fine as long as it is free from petroleum and solvents. We would recommend using a natural carnauba wax and it will aid the slicker feel of the film which in turn repel dirt. Quick detailing sprays are also fine to use.
- If the vehicle picks up light scratches generally caused by improper washing practise then we are able to activate the self-healing characteristics of the PPF. Just pour warm to hot (not boiling) water over the film. The heath will then aid the restoration of the film back to its original state. Alternative if the vehicle is left in the sun over a period of time, this too will achieve the same results.